rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Talkin' Wind

This afternoon I took a hop, skip and a jump over to Lockney, Texas. A mere 15 minutes from my office here in Floydada, it was well worth it to speak to an interested group who served me some home cooking. Lockney's Rotary Club meets every Friday over lunch and I was more than happy to be their guest speaker! And I felt especially lucky to make it over for the fish fry!

While there were only a select few who were able to make it out to the meeting this particular afternoon, I was happy as the audience was genuinely interested, the discussion and questions that followed my formal presentation proved this to be true. It would be my pleasure to speak to this group again and I hope I am invited again in the very near future. I look forward to meeting those members of the group who missed out on the delicious meal today. Cherry cobbler, need I say more?

Okay so down to business...
Here's a little bit about what I talked with Lockney's Rotary Club about. It's always fun for me to start out with a couple straight up facts about wind development. I tried to find things to present that most landowners are usually curious about, like how many 1.5 MW turbines can you generally fit on a section of land or how much a landowner can typically make in royalties each year. And just in case you are curious, six and between $2500 - $5000 per turbine per year (usually).

And of course its important to talk a little bit about where wind energy has come from. In summary, the wind industry has been on quite a roller coaster for many years now, but the good news is that many of the stars are aligning for wind.

Now we talk a little bit about why Caprock's footprint is ideal for wind development:
1. We are located in close proximity to two grid operators (ERCOT and SPP)


2. We have Class 4 Winds (Sweetwater area has Class 3)3. The transmission build out in our area has already begun


Wanna know more? Contact me about being a speaker for your next event/meeting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment