rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Good Questions

So far I have come to realize two things during my recent stint giving presentations to local clubs: 1. almost everyone in our area is interested in wind energy and 2. members of these clubs have good questions.

My experience with the Abernathy Lions Club on July 28th was just as positive as my previous two experiences with local clubs. Of course the first reoccurring theme that I noticed is the great quality food served up for lunch! But once again this crowd had me on my toes, asking great questions after the conclusion of my formal presentation.

Since this group had such great questions I am came back to the office determined to go get some more in-depth information on the topics that came up.

Here are the questions I not only wanted to post for your benefit, but I wanted to research them in more depth for myself so I can answer these type of questions better next time.

1. What is the feasible percentage of electricity in our nation that can come from wind (not all renewables, but just wind)?

2. What is this we keep hearing about issues with prairie chickens?

3. How much does it cost per turbine to construct a large wind farm?

4. Who are the developers, manufacturing that are keeping the wind industry going? Are most of them foreign companies?

Be looking for my answers after I take a little time to do some more research, but in the meantime post any ideas you have. Please submit any questions or insight as a comment to this blog.

And I don't want to leave out my experience at the Floydada Lions Club on July 30th! The people and food there were just as great; there are several people in that group who are good contacts for our association and I was honored to speak with them. Let's just say I took a membership application out with me that day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment