rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

In the Lions Den Once Again

First of all I would like to give this disclaimer: Answers to the previous post's questions will be posted soon; I am working on being thorough. Feel free to post your opinion on any of them as a comment. With that said...

I spent another day in a Lions den this afternoon. The Plainview Lions Club had me as their speaker and I couldn't have been more excited with the turnout. This is my 4th Lions club experience this summer and it was by far the largest. It seems as if before each meeting I get the usual warning about how its summer and the attendance at meetings is always low this time of year. I wouldn't have known the difference looking out on the crowd from the podium at the front of the room today, there weren't many empty seats.

Now when Brent Richburg, Ash Middle School Principal and previous Boss Lion, informed me that there would be around 60 attendees I must admit that my stomach did a little flip. My nerves were quickly put to rest during the "meet and greet" part of the meeting. It was easy to tell these were quality people who were genuinely interested in my presentation topic. The wide array of professions represented at these club meetings always astounds me and while I hope that everyone benefits from my presentation, I know that I always benefit from the conversions had and contacts made afterward.

So to my point of this entry: I would like to add another question to the list presented in the previous entry. I hated that I couldn't answer this question on the spot today in Plainview so I want to do some research and come back to it:

Question #5 - How much per mile does the construction of the new transmission lines in our area cost?

If you have an answer please post it as a comment. I will be coming back to answers questions 1-5 soon, be checking back!

2 comments:

Tom Gray said...

Hi, the CREZ lines are 2,400 miles in length and will cost $4.9 billion, so the cost per mile is about $2 million.

Regards,
Tom Gray
AWEA

Kelly A said...

Thanks for your help Tom!

Post a Comment